• The Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley, hosts events in conjunction with the Reunion of Upcountry Families including a class on getting started on digital genealogy from 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.; a class on genealogy for children in grades 3 to 6 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.; an open house in the Mary Oates Gregorie Historical Room from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.; and a presentation by Dr. Tim Drake on burial customs from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Call 864-850-7077 to register for the classes.
• The Pickens County Library board of trustees meets at 6 p.m. at the Central-Clemson Regional Branch in Central. The meeting is open to the public.
• SC Works WorkLink holds an Employer Hiring Event from 9 a.m. to noon at Tri-County Technical College’s Easley Campus, 1774 Powdersville Road in Easley. Those attending are encouraged to dress professionally and bring several copies of their resume.
• The S.C. Botanical Garden at Clemson University hosts Christy LaFrance in concert from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the amphitheater. Admission is free.
• The Central Railroad Festival is held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in historic downtown Central with free entertainment, free tours of the Central Railway Museum, hands-on activities for youngsters and more.
• The Pickens County Tea Party holds a Tea Party Rally from 10 a.m. to noon on East Main Street at Legacy Park. Speakers will be featured, including some who are running for state and national offices.
• The City of Clemson and the Pickens County Chapter of Concerned Citizens for Animals hold Put Your Best Paw Forward from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Clemson’s Nettles Park. Dog contests, demos, silent auctions and raffles will be included.
• The Derrick Dorsey Band performs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Pickens Amphitheater, 114 W. Main St. in Pickens. Call 864-878-6421, visit www.cityofpickens.com or www.historicpickens.com for more information.
Through April 30
• The Pickens County 4-H sells five-pound bags of Vidalia onions for $5 per bag. Drop by the Clemson Extension Office, 222 W. Main St. in Pickens, with your money and the number of bags you want. Onions will be ready in early May.
Outside Pickens County
Tri-County Technical College’s Early Childhood Development program hosts Once Upon a Time Book Ball from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. April 26 at Tri-County’s Anderson Campus, 511 Michelin Boulevard. Guests are encouraged to dress as their favorite book character. The event is designed for children ages 2 to 6 and their families.
The North Anderson Relay for Life is held from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. May 2 at Wren High School, 905 Wren School Road in Piedmont.
Thomas Creek Brewery, 2054 Piedmont Highway in Greenville, hosts A Night at the Creek from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. April 24 to raise funds for a fall 2014 Honor Flight. The cost is $25 per person at the door.
The Greenville Council of Garden Clubs holds it annual garden tour fundraiser on April 25 and April 26 at six private gardens in Greenville’s North Main Street Historic District. Tickets are $18 before the tour and $20 the day of the tour. Tickets are available at the Kilgore-Lewis House, 560 Academy St.
Small Farms and Backyards classes are held from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. each Tuesday for six weeks beginning April 29 at the Roper Mountain Science Center in Greenville. Participants will learn the basics of beekeeping, livestock, forages, gardening and guidelines for selling directly to consumers. The $175 fee covers six classes, materials and a field trip. Register online at https://shopping.clemson.edu.
The World of Energy, 7812 Rochester Highway in Seneca, holds an Earth Day program on April 29 for homeschoolers in grades k4 through grade 6. Participation is free but registration is required. Visit www.duke-energy.com\worldofenergy and click on the Upcoming Events tab. Call 864-873-4600 for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at email@example.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.