• The Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Clemson Police Department, 1198 Tiger Boulavard in Clemson. Visit www.SteppinItUpPickens.org for more information.
• The Pickens County Taxpayers Association meets at 7 p.m. at the Pickens Farm Bureau on U.S. 178, south of Pickens. The guest speaker will be Helen Hockwalt, director of Pickens County Tourism and Marketing.
• The United Way of Pickens County holds its kick off at noon at Occasions at Wedgefield in Central.
• Ride to the Rock, featuring 40k, 60k and 100k rides, begin at 8 a.m. at the Pickens Recreation Center. The event is presented by the Pickens Rotary Club with proceeds benefiting the Doodle Trail. The cost per rider is $40 or $35 if registered by Sept. 14. Visit www.PickensRotary.org/RidetoRock for more information and Go-GreenEvents.com/RideToRock to register.
• Duckett-Robinson Funeral Home, 108 Cross Creek Road in Central, holds a free grief support group for adults for eight Monday nights beginning Sept. 14. Meetings are at 7 p.m. The group leader will be Dr. Roger Lovette. Call 864-639-2411 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
• MOPS meets at 9:30 a.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 9813 Anderson Road in Piedmont. Meetings include brunch, special speakers, group time and more. A nursery is provided.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave. Contact Marsha Robertson at 864-855-3770, ext. 5, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pcmow.org for more information.
• The Powdersville Water District Board of Directors meets the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in the meeting room of the Powdersville Library, 4 Civic Court in Easley. Call 864-269-5440, ext. 3108, for more information.
Outside Pickens County
Walking tours of historic churches and churchyards in downtown Pendleton are held at 10 a.m. Sept. 11 and Sept. 12, beginning at the Old Stone Church on S.C. 76 between Clemson and Pendleton. The cost is $6 per person and does include some driving. Send an email to email@example.com or call 864-207-0705 for more information.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office hosts its fifth Coffee with a Cop at 8 a.m. Sept. 10 at Seneca Family Restaurant on S.C. 123 Bypass in Seneca. Members of the community are encouraged to come spend time with members of the OCSO and discuss community issues.
The 11th annual S.C. Apple Festival Car Show is held Sept. 12 in Westminister beside Hardee’s on East Main Street. Registration is from 9 a.m. to noon. Judging will be at noon and prizes awarded at 1 p.m. The registration fee is $15 and vendor spaces are available for $15. Call Larry Dellinger at 864-647-5487 for more information. Proceeds will benefit Crime Stoppers of Oconee County.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.