• The Woman’s Club of Easley meets at 3:15 p.m. at the Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. Carrie Zimmerman, representative of the Nortwestern District, is the speaker. Members are urged to bring their dues and invite potential members.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets at the Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley, in the Children’s Reading Room. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Easley Mayor Larry Bagwell is the speaker. Guests are welcome. Call Donna Medgyesy at 864-855-5231 for more information.
• Duckett-Robinson Funeral Home, 108 Cross Creek Road in Central, holds a free grief support group for adults for eight Monday nights beginning Sept. 14. Meetings are at 7 p.m. The group leader will be Dr. Roger Lovette. Call 864-639-2411 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave. Contact Marsha Robertson at 864-855-3770, ext. 5, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pcmow.org for more information.
• The Arts Council of Pickens County meets at 2:30 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. The group is open to those wanting to build support for the arts. Visit artscouncilofpickens.wix.com for more information.
Outside Pickens County
Anderson County holds a public meeting at 6 p.m. Sept. 3 at the South Fant Early Childhood Center, 1700 S. Fant St. in Anderson, to discuss the removal of blighted residential structures in the Morningside/Orr-Mill Community. The meeting is open to the public.
Walking tours of historic churches and churchyards in downtown Pendleton are held at 10 a.m. Sept. 11 and Sept. 12, beginning at the Old Stone Church on S.C. 76 between Clemson and Pendleton. The cost is $6 per person and does include some driving. Send an email to email@example.com or call 864-207-0705 for more information.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office hosts its fifth Coffee with a Cop at 8 a.m. Sept. 10 at Seneca Family Restaurant on S.C. 123 Bypass in Seneca. Members of the community are encouraged to come spend time with members of the OCSO and discuss community issues.
The 11th annual S.C. Apple Festival Car Show is held Sept. 12 in Westminister beside Hardee’s on East Main Street. Registration is from 9 a.m. to noon. Judging will be at noon and prizes awarded at 1 p.m. The registration fee is $15 and vendor spaces are available for $15. Call Larry Dellinger at 864-647-5487 for more information. Proceeds will benefit Crime Stoppers of Oconee County.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.