• Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Behavioral Health Services of Pickens County, 303 E. Main St. in Pickens. Meetings are open to anyone interested in educating youth on the dangers of alcohol, tobacco and drug use.
• The American Legion Post 52 of Easley with the help of The Marine Corp League conducts a Flag Retirement Program at Pope Field on Pope Field Road. The public is invited to bring their faded and worn out flags for retirement. New American and South Carolina flags will be available for purchase.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Donna Medgyesy at 864-855-5231 for more information.
• The Moving Forward Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Silver Bay on S.C. 123 in Easley.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
Outside Pickens County
The Anderson County Library System holds its inaugural Electric City ComiCon – a free afternoon event for all ages from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 8 at the Main Library, 300 N. McDuffie St. The event will celebrate superheroes, comics, science fiction, literacy, and art. Events include Q&A sessions with authors, artists, and cosplayers, gaming demos and tournaments, and Cosplay and Fan Art contests.
Keowee Marina, 150 Keowee Marina Drive in Seneca, is hosting a series of free family events in July and August. July events include Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. July 16. August events will include Pirate Day from 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 11 (RSVP required) and Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. Aug. 13. Call 864-882-2047 or visit www.keoweemarina.com for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.