• Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Behavioral Health Services of Pickens County, 303 E. Main St. in Pickens. RSVP to Barbara Moss at 864-898-5800.
• The Foothills Civitan Club of Easley holds a pre-charter meeting from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the William A. Carr Room at West End Hall on 5th Street in Easley. Call Gary at 864-621-0862 or Patsy Finely at 864-313-8865 for more information.
• Family Promise of Pickens County holds its second Cardboard Box City at Gateway Park, 340 Old Greenville Highway, in Clemson to help raise awareness of homelessness in Pickens County. Boxes will rent for $500 each. Contact event leader Bob Fennell at email@example.com or call 864-643-7291 for more information.
• The 38th annual Pumpkin Festival is held at the Oolenoy Community Building in Pumpkintown. Festivities begin at 9 a.m. with the parade. Call Buddy Cox at 864-878-2045 for more information about being a vendor, being in the parade or volunteering.
• American Legion Post 52 is selling flags to support the work they do in the community. To buy a flag or have one retired, contact Paul Smith at 864-238-9144 or Bones Wilson at 864-230-4765.
Outside Pickens County
• The Art Gallery on Pendleton Square hosts watercolorist Ruth Hopkins from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Aug. 12. The Gallery is located at 102-A E. Main St. in Pendleton.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.