• A reception is held from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Pickens County Museum of Art & History, 307 Johnson St. in Pickens, for Surfaces and Spaces: Photography of Cecelia Feld & Bruce Schlein and for Ancient Forms, Modern Minds: Contemporary Cherokee Ceramics.
• Adults ages 50 and over are invited to the Hampton Memorial Library in Easley from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for a day of video games, board games, and card games. Feel free to bring family and friends. Call the library at 850-7077 for more information.
• The Easley Lions Club holds its 29th annual running of the Firecracker Frolic 5K run/walk at 7:30 a.m. at Old Market Square in Easley. Online registration available at https://eventsignup.org/event-registration. Race day registration will begin at 6:30 a.m. at the race site. The cost is $20.76. Call Glenn Farrow at 864-561-2423, visit www.firecrackerfrolic5k.com or firefrolic5K.com/raceinformation.php for more information.
• The American Legion Post 52 of Easley with the help of The Marine Corp League conducts a Flag Retirement Program at Pope Field on Pope Field Road. The public is invited to bring their faded and worn out flags for retirement. New American and South Carolina flags will be available for purchase.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Donna Medgyesy at 864-855-5231 for more information.
• The Moving Forward Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Silver Bay on S.C. 123 in Easley.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
• The Upcountry Quilters Guild meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month in the community room of Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative, 734 W. Main St. in Pickens. Visitors are welcome. Visit www.upcountryquiltguildsc.com for more information.
• The Powdersville Branch Library, 4 Civic Court in Powdersville, holds its PreSchool Story Time for ages 1-5 at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays throughout the fall. Contact Branch Manager Alex Currin at 864-295-1190 for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• The Easley Business and Professional Women’s Chapter meets at 12:30 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at Fatz Cafe in Easley. Send an email to Lynne Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-608-3268 for more information.
• The Powdersville Water District Board of Directors meets the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in the meeting room of the Powdersville Library, 4 Civic Court in Easley. The Executive Committee meets the week prior to the regular board meeting. All meeting times are subject to change. Call 864-269-5440, ext. 3108, for more information.
• The Arts Council of Pickens County meets at 2:30 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. The group is open to those wanting to build support for the arts. Visit artscouncilofpickens.wix.com for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The Anderson County Library System holds its inaugural Electric City ComiCon – a free afternoon event for all ages from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 8 at the Main Library, 300 N. McDuffie St. The event will celebrate superheroes, comics, science fiction, literacy, and art. Events include Q&A sessions with authors, artists, and cosplayers, gaming demos and tournaments, and Cosplay and Fan Art contests.
Keowee Marina, 150 Keowee Marina Drive in Seneca, is hosting a series of free family events in July and August. July events will include Kids Day from 10 a.m. to noon July 7 and Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. July 16. August events will include Pirate Day from 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 11 (RSVP required) and Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. Aug. 13. Call 864-882-2047 or visit www.keoweemarina.com for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.