• All teens are invited to play Super Smash Brothers on the Nintendo Wii at 4:30 p.m. at the Hampton Memorial Library in Easley. Call the library at 850-7077 for more information.
• The Pickens County Library board of trustees meets at 6 p.m. at Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The meeting is open to the public.
• A reception is held from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Pickens County Museum of Art & History, 307 Johnson St. in Pickens, for Surfaces and Spaces: Photography of Cecelia Feld & Bruce Schlein and for Ancient Forms, Modern Minds: Contemporary Cherokee Ceramics.
• Adults ages 50 and over are invited to the Hampton Memorial Library in Easley from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for a day of video games, board games, and card games. Feel free to bring family and friends. Call the library at 850-7077 for more information.
• The Easley Lions Club holds its 29th annual running of the Firecracker Frolic 5K run/walk at 7:30 a.m. at Old Market Square in Easley. Online registration available at https://eventsignup.org/event-registration. Race day registration will begin at 6:30 a.m. at the race site. The cost is $20.76. Call Glenn Farrow at 864-561-2423, visit www.firecrackerfrolic5k.com or firefrolic5K.com/raceinformation.php for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• The Easley Business and Professional Women’s Chapter meets at 12:30 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at Fatz Cafe in Easley. Send an email to Lynne Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-608-3268 for more information.
• The Powdersville Water District Board of Directors meets the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in the meeting room of the Powdersville Library, 4 Civic Court in Easley. The Executive Committee meets the week prior to the regular board meeting. All meeting times are subject to change. Call 864-269-5440, ext. 3108, for more information.
Outside Pickens County
Keowee Marina, 150 Keowee Marina Drive in Seneca, is hosting a series of free family events in July and August. July events will include Kids Day from 10 a.m. to noon July 7 and Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. July 16. August events will include Pirate Day from 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 11 (RSVP required) and Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. Aug. 13. Call 864-882-2047 or visit www.keoweemarina.com for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.