• The City of Easley holds its Christmas Tree Lighting at 7 p.m. at Easley Town Hall. The public is invited to attend.
• The Easley Christmas Parade is held from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in downtown Easley.
• The Pickens County Museum of Art & History holds opening receptions from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. for the exhibit Participaintings by artist Brian MacCormack and the exhibit Art of Aquarius by Jo Ann Taylor.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets at 10 a.m. at the Foothills Retirement Community, 205 Bud Nalley Drive. The meeting begins at 10:30 a.m. Call Donna Medgesy at 864-855-5231 for more information. An optional cookie and ornament exchange will be held.
• The Pickens Christmas Parade is held at 8:30 p.m. in downtown Pickens.
• The Norris Christmas Parade is held at 11 a.m.
• Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. at Behavioral Health Services, 303 E. Main St. in Pickens. Meetings are open to anyone interested in education children on the dangers of alcohol, tobacco and drugs. Contact Cathy Breazeale at 864-898-5800 or visit www.steppinituppickens.org for more information.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• MOPS meets at 9:30 a.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 9813 Anderson Road in Piedmont. Meetings include brunch, special speakers, group time and more. A nursery is provided.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Donna Medgyesy at 864-855-5231 for more information.
• The Moving Forward Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Silver Bay on S.C. 123 in Easley.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave. Contact Marsha Robertson at 864-855-3770, ext. 5, send an email to email@example.com or visit www.pcmow.org for more information.
• The Arts Council of Pickens County meets at 2:30 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. The group is open to those wanting to build support for the arts. Visit artscouncilofpickens.wix.com for more information.
• American Legion Post 52 is selling flags to support the work they do in the community. To buy a flag or have one retired, contact Paul Smith at 864-238-9144 or Bones Wilson at 864-230-4765.
Outside Pickens County
• Art Gallery on Pendleton Square, 102-A E. Main St. in Pendleton, holds a Second Friday Holiday Party from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Dec. 11. Refreshments will be served. Call 864-221-0129 or visit artgalleryps.org, for more information.
• Faith Center Church on S.C. 28 in Walhalla presents its second Walhalla Lights Spectacular from Dec. 2 to Dec. 13 on a designated path throughout the church’s 55-acre campus beginning at 5:30 p.m. each evening. Admission is free but a $5 donation per car donation is suggested. Call the church office at 864-638-3476 for more information.
• Ivan Parker is in concert along with Johnson Edition at 6 p.m. Dec. 5 at Seneca Baptist Church, 1080 S. Oak St. in Seneca. A suggested $10 donation at the door. New unwrapped toys to benefit Country Santa will be collected. Call 864-723-6797 or 864-710-7979 for more information.
• Truman Capote’s Holiday Memories is presented at the Walhalla Civic Auditorium at 8 p.m. Dec. 11, Dec. 12, Dec. 18 and Dec. 19 and at 2:30 p.m. Dec. 13 and Dec. 20. Advance tickets are $12 for adults, $6 for children 12 and under and $10 for individuals in groups. Tickets are $14 on the day of the show. Call 864 638-5277 or visit www.walhallacivic.com to order tickets.
• The World of Energy, 7812 Rochester Highway in Seneca, hosts the third annual Festival of Trees through Dec. 31. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and noon to 5 p.m. Saturdays.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.