• The Pickens County Library Board of Trustees meets at 6 p.m. at Hampton Memorial Library. The meeting is open to the public.
Nov. 19 & Nov. 20
• The Fine Arts Center of Easley and the Young Actors Company of Easley present “Paintin’ the Fence” in the Dream Center auditorium, 111 Hillcrest Drive in Easley. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for ages 3 to 17. Shows are at 7 p.m. each night.
• The BelkGives on the Go Mobile Mammography Center is at Belk in the Town and Country Shopping Center on Calhoun Memorial Highway to offer free mammogram screenings. Women age 40 and over with no breast concerns, who have not had a mammogram in the last 12 months and have a primary care physician are eligible by calling 855-655-BMMC (2662) to schedule an appointment.
• Blue Ridge Electric holds the annual lighting of its Christmas tree at 5:15 p.m. on the front lawn of the Co-op’s office, 734 West Main St. in Pickens. The public is invited.
• Clemson Area StoryTellers Guild meets at 7 p.m. at The Arts Center, 212 Butler St. in Clemson. Attend as a listener or a teller. Visit www.explorearts.org, call 864-855-6396 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information..
• The Upcountry Quilters Guild meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month in the community room of Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative, 734 W. Main St. in Pickens. Visitors are welcome. Visit www.upcountryquiltguildsc.com for more information.
• The Easley Business and Professional Women’s Chapter meets at 12:30 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at Fatz Cafe in Easley. Send an email to Lynne Mathis at email@example.com or call 864-608-3268 for more information.
• The Powdersville Water District Board of Directors meets the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in the meeting room of the Powdersville Library, 4 Civic Court in Easley. The Executive Committee meets the week prior to the regular board meeting. All meeting times are subject to change. Call 864-269-5440, ext. 3108, for more information.
• American Legion Post 52 is selling flags to support the work they do in the community. To buy a flag or have one retired, contact Paul Smith at 864-238-9144 or Bones Wilson at 864-230-4765.
Outside Pickens County
• Dr. Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, speaks at 7 p.m. Nov. 20 at Powdersville Community Church, 200 Assembly Drive in Piedmont. She will be speaking on the politics of victimhood.
• The Tri-County Technical College Chorus presents its holiday concert at 7 p.m. Nov. 20 in the Marshall Parker Auditorium on the Pendleton Campus. It will include a performance by the jazz band. The concert is free.
• The S.C. Chapter of American Christian Fiction Writers meets from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 21 at North Anderson Baptist Church, 2308 N. Main St. in Anderson. No registration or fee is required.
• Faith Center Church on S.C. 28 in Walhalla presents its second Walhalla Lights Spectacular from Dec. 2 to Dec. 13 on a designated path throughout the church’s 55-acre campus beginning at 5:30 p.m. each evening. Admission is free but a $5 donation per car is suggested. Call the church office at 864-638-3476 for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.