Oct. 21-Oct. 23
• Death’s Door, a free ticketed event is held at 7 p.m. each night at Rock Springs Baptist Church, 201 Rock Springs Road in Easley. Call 864-859-9854 for free tickets.
• The Pickens Revitalization Association holds a ribbon cutting and grand opening of the Pickens Innovation Center, 107 Court St. in Pickens, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• The Pickens County Library Board of Trustees meets at 6 p.m. at Hampton Memorial Library, 304 Biltmore Road.
• The CU Singers perform at 8 p.m. in the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts at Clemson. Tickets are $8 for adult and $5 for students.
• Family Promise of Pickens County holds its inaugural Cardboard Box City at 6 p.m. at Gateway Park, 340 Old Greenville Highway in Clemson. The goal is to bring awareness to homelessness and change lives. Participants will establish a Cardboard Box City with a one night rent of $500 per box. Visit familypromisepickens.org/event/cardboard-city-fundraiser/ for information.
• Baptist Easley hosts a yard sale from 7:30 a.m. to noon with all the proceeds going to benefit Pickens County United Way. The sale will take place in the parking lot of the financial services center on East 1st Avenue across the street from First Baptist Church.
• Pickens Presbyterian Church and Child Development Center, 311 W. Main St. in Pickens, holds a Fall Festival from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Last Road will provide music. Admission is free. Call 864-878-9953 for more information.
• Clemson Elementary School, 581 Berkeley Drive in Clemson, holds its Fall Festival from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Admission is free. Tickets for horse rides, concessions, bounce houses, cake walk, petting zoo and more are on sale at the school and will be available at the gate. Proceeds benefit the PTA at the school.
• CrossFit BangBANG, 2419-A Powdersville Road in Powdersville, holds a ribbon cutting at 11:30 a.m. to celebrate the grand opening of their new office. Festivities will include an open house from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a live band, food, raffles, pumpkin carvings, bounce houses, and more. Call 864-513-1553 for more information.
• Friends of Pickens County Guardian ad Litem holds its second annual Clusters for Kids Oyster Roast from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Arran Farm, 820 Lenhardt Road in Easley. The evening includes oysters and a dinner buffet, along with beer and wine, music, silent auction, corn hole competitions and more. Advance tickets are $50 per person or $90 per couple.
• The LEGO Club meets at the Powdersville Branch Library, 4 Civic Court in Powdersville, at 3:30 p.m.
• The National Dance Company of Siberia performs at the Brooks Center for Performing Arts on the campus of Clemson University. Tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for students. Visit www.clemson.edu/Brooks or call 864-6567787 for more information or to buy tickets.
• The Easley Fall Festival is held from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Market Square in Easley.
• Lawrence Chapel UMC, 2101 Six Mile Highway in Central, holds a Harvest Festival from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. featuring Trunk or Treat, inflatables, games, soup and sandwiches.
• The City of Easley hosts the inaugural Children’s Fall Festival from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Old Market Square in Downtown Easley featuring a costume contest, trick or treating at downtown vendors, inflatables and more. The festivities will also include the final Farmer’s Market of the season from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Cannon Hospital holds its Trunk or Treat Trail from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Main Street in Pickens.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• The Easley Business and Professional Women’s Chapter meets at 12:30 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at Fatz Cafe in Easley. Send an email to Lynne Mathis at email@example.com or call 864-608-3268 for more information.
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave. Contact Marsha Robertson at 864-855-3770, ext. 5, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pcmow.org for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The S.C. Chapter of American Christian Fiction Writers meets from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 24 at North Anderson Baptist Church, 2308 M. Main St. Visitors are welcome. Diana Flegal will lead the workshop.
The 2015 Wags and Whiskers Gala, benefiting the Oconee Humane Society, is held from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Oct. 22 at The Club at Keowee Key. Tickets are $50 per person. A table for 10 can be reserved for $550. Send an email to email@example.com or call 864-944-8746 for more information or to order tickets.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.