• The United Way of Pickens County holds its kick off at noon at Occasions at Wedgefield in Central.
• The Pickens County Library Board of Trustees meets at 6 p.m. at the Village Branch, 124 N. Catherine St. in Pickens. The meeting is open to the public.
• Haven of Hope Ministries holds its annual conference from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Powdersville Community Church, 200 Assembly Drive in Piedmont. Call 864-338-1394 or visit www.havenofhopesc.com for more information.
• The Arts Center of Clemson, 212 Butler St. in Clemson, holds a Collector’s Preview Gala from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. for the fifth annual 20 x 20 Invitational Clay Exhibit and Sale. Tickets are $30 each or $50 for two. Fired For Flowers will also open Sept. 25 and run through Oct. 15. Call 864-633-5051 for more information.
• Ride to the Rock, featuring 40k, 60k and 100k rides, begin at 8 a.m. at the Pickens Recreation Center. The event is presented by the Pickens Rotary Club with proceeds benefiting the Doodle Trail.
• Walk for Life is held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Rock Springs Track in Easley.
• Volunteer orientation sessions for Pickens County Meals on Wheels programs are held at 1:30 p.m. each Thursday at the McKissick Center for Senior Wellness, 349 Edgemont Ave. Contact Marsha Robertson at 864-855-3770, ext. 5, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pcmow.org for more information.
• The Powdersville Water District Board of Directors meets the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in the meeting room of the Powdersville Library, 4 Civic Court in Easley. Call 864-269-5440, ext. 3108, for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The S.C. Chapter of American Christian Fiction Writers meets from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 26 at North Anderson Baptist Church, 2308 N. Main St. in Anderson. The free class will be followed by a manuscript critique. Contact Elva Cobb Martin at email@example.com for more information.
The Walhalla Civic Auditorium holds auditions at 6 p.m. Sept. 21 and Sept. 22 for The Great Alphabet Adventure, a children’s play that will be staged in November. Two lead actors, one male and one female, ages 11 to 17 are needed along with males and females ages 15 and up. Call 864-638-5277 for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 714 S. Pendleton St., Suite D; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.